When Stars Appear When Stars Appear

Uhg. I'm sterile.

Psychopath responds:

I'm sorry to hear that.

Seraphina Seraphina

This has all the elements that made me love the music in the RPGs I played as a kid. I get the sense of adventure, I feel the hope and the loss and triumph in this piece. Excellent work!!

Wavesy Wavesy

Really digging this. Gets the old noggin bobbing in time. The phase in and out is cool and also somewhat disorienting. It might be cool to here a mix of this with a more pronounced percussive element. Anyway, this is great work. That's why you're one of my favorites!

AxTekk responds:

ayyy thx bruh many thx

.give it up. .give it up.

This one was good as well, but I found I didn't like it so much as the others. I think around 1:07-1:15, whatever that sound was really threw me off. Was also thrown off a little by this discords towards the end, in the last 15 seconds or so. I am thinking you might have meant it to represent some element of discord seeping into the guy's brain, but if that was the case I feel it might have worked better with a longer build and a chaotic end.

Other than that though, I really enjoyed the rest of this. Not my favorite of yours, but definitely still worth the listen, keep it up!

MeatAnalogue responds:

Yeah, the bit-crushing sound is not for everyone. I used it primarily to emphasize the drums, which serve as a kind of heartbeat to the song. But also that type of noise always reminds me of 8bit game sound, which inspired the direction for a greater part of the sound track.

For me the ending song is like a swan song, just one guy sitting there and letting the sound flow from himself. Cause when I look at what the creator Tony is doing with the game, it seems to me like it's exactly that, an attempt to release this ever-present emotion by attempting to encapsulate it.

There is a confidence in the solo at the end, but also some insecurity and awkwardness, and those last few notes are like a mixture of all those things: the whisper of your last words on your death bed.

Thanks for the review!

.through the rabbit hole. .through the rabbit hole.

Another great track from MeatAnalogue. I read your response to InfernoZN's comment, and you've taken the words right out of my brain. I was going to say that while the character in the game is going through the drudgery of repetition externally, internally it is always more complex than that as you struggle to find purpose in the everyday tasks required in this life, and I feel that is reflected in your music. Great work, looking forward to more.

MeatAnalogue responds:

Glad you like it man, thanks !

Heritage Heritage

This is not a bad track, and the voice is not bad either. I wouldn't say this is a punk song, sounds more like nu metal to me, so maybe slightly mislabeled. Would you mind posting the lyrics?

jakeghost responds:

Hey Krash17, thanks for listening to and rating the track. I've just added the lyrics to the description but Newgrounds doesn't really have a genre that this perfectly fits into I think so mislabelled it will have to stay!

Jake

.the longer you wait. .the longer you wait.

This song is titled perfectly. You can really feel the anticipation building throughout. Another great job, can't wait to hear more from you.

Thanks :)

.daily grind. .daily grind.

I have a meeting tonight and am trying to think of what it is I am going to say. I found your song, put it on, and all the ideas are now coming to me. It really helps me to relax and focus, and it's clear that you put a lot of thought, time, and effort into this. You describe it well in your comments too...there is a definite hopefulness to this piece, but it feels like it is in the face of a serious adversity as well.

I am currently enjoying this as I type. I'm looking forward to hearing the rest as you release them, I'll be following you from now on. Great submission, thanks.

MeatAnalogue responds:

Thank you! I hope you enjoy the rest :)

HDC: Axtekk vs. Mao HDC: Axtekk vs. Mao

Man, this was killer. Thought the sound quality was crisp even without the mic you mentioned. Beats were sick too, great stuff man.